View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
What books are allowed on the new Kobo & B&N readers?

In the last two days I've seen interesting new book readers offered by Kobo and Barnes and Noble. I seem to remember a year or two ago there was some sort of flap about the DRM Barnes and Noble used on the nook. The last I knew the Kobo used the same Adobe DRM that comes on books you buy from Kobo, Sony's eBook store, Books on Board, eBooks.com, etc.

Both Kobo and Barnes and Noble use ePub formatting so I'm wondering if the two new book readers are interchangable, I mean, can they read books from each other's stores?

The Kindle is limited to reading books you buy from the Amazon bookstore so I know these new readers from Kobo and B&N won't let you read books you buy from Amazon but I wondered about all the rest.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote