Thread: Strunk & White.
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I enjoyed reading the article. While I can see the objection raised by Graham, I have a feeling it was written as it was for entertainment purposes rather than succinct argument and to that end I thought it worked. The success of the book is perhaps the best demonstration of the advantages being clear. Being clear can be better than being right - if you want to sell well. People want easy and comforting answers, even if they're the wrong ones.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote