View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #235
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've found an issue with inserting covers. I am surprised I never noticed this before. The thing is, I don't want the cover image resized to be 775 lines. That means the same ePub on say an iPad won't look good as it will be too small. cover images do work on a Sony if they are larger then 775 lines. Can this either be removed or made yet another check option to resize?

Code:
Rescaling cover image from 921x1400 to 510x775
I'll also be interested in kiwidude's comments on this.

I think the cover size, and all other book content images are scaled, during a conversion, depending on what you have set in Convert - PageSetup - Output profile. That image size you quoted looks like it could be the standard Sony output profile. For the iPad the 'Tablet' profile is probably more suitable (no image resizing) I wonder if Modify Epub also uses your Prefs default output profile to decide on whether to scale cover size or not?

I don't have a tablet, but my phone has a fairly high resolution (1280x800). I haven't yet figured a way (if there is one) to create a single epub whose images are going to be optimal on both devices. Internal images either flow off the side of my PRST1 or fill less than half of the phone screen. But at least an epub with an SVG cover will stretch to fill the screen (in one or both dimensions) on both devices simultaneously.

So far I've kept my default as 'Sony' rather than 'Tablet', but if anyone has any creative ideas, I'm all ears. I know it can be done by having 2 book entries for the same title but I don't think I'd want to do that.

It would be quite nice to have the calibre library 'master' epub always having full-size images and an option to rescale as part of the Send-to or Save-to transfer process, where the output device is known. But I suppose this would be a lot of work, not to mention significantly slowing down the transfer.

Last edited by jackie_w; 07-24-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typo
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote