View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
DebbyS
Zealot
DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
I have broadband at home and at work, just not wifi. For various reasons, I don't want what is in effect a mini radio transmitter in my home. (The same reasons I don't have a cell phone.)

I did think about getting something from my ISP that I could turn on only when I needed it, but the modem they wanted to sell me was $100 (including they'd set it up, ready for me to pick up, take home and plug in), and it wasn't something that could be turned off when I didn't need it. Currently I do unplug my broadband modem when I'm not on line; saves electricity, lets my fish sleep at night, and maybe avoids sly cyber invasions. They advised me there's a cheaper way to get a hot spot ($30 devices via Amazon, for example) but set up is difficult.

I decided that it will be cheaper in the long run every now and then to go to a local restaurant and use their wifi and have a good $10 meal (or cheaper dessert) at the same time. ...that is, if I can't find what I need from the websites the URLs of which have so generously been shared here.
DebbyS is offline   Reply With Quote