View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #67
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
My review, I've been using the eReader for about 3 days now. Here are my impressions so far.

Love the UI very easy to navigate. Possibly the best UI, simplicity without sacrificing features. Rendering is great both for PDF and ePUB. PDF render speeds are impressive. I have RepliGo and ezPDF, the rendering here is faster than both. Bookmark feature for PDF is excellent, I can't believe no PDF reader had implemented this feature. It's unclear if highlighting on PDF is an internal solution or if it uses the PDF annotation, the latter is the desired feature.

TTS is good, but it does not highlight text as it is read.

Here are the cons

In reflow mode, it's difficult to scroll for left handers. The gesture bar, for brightness adjustment, is to thick and makes page scrolling difficult for lefties. The result is that scrolling down to read the bottom of the page darkens page as well as scrolls down. A thinner gesture area or a placement option(right, left, top, bottom) would greatly help.

Difficult to highlight, makes highlighting guess work, would love to see the kindle method used, or even the gingerbread solution. Highlighting PDF is very sluggish which makes it even harder to highlight text.

Dictionary is very hard to use, would love colordict or similar option.

Margins are to thick, setting margins to zero does not seem to reduce the margins.

Last edited by =X=; 06-20-2011 at 05:12 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote