View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Books for lovers of Firefly, the TV and comic series

I'm looking for books that embody the spirit of the Firefly TV series: fun, lots of action, set in space, with some humor, and not too much science.

Any recommendations?

*** UPDATE: I'm just getting into chapter 5 of John Scalzi's 'Old Man's War'. So far, I like it very much. It's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks queentess!

*** 2nd UPDATE: I finished reading Steven Brust's My Own Kind of Freedom, which was, as many have said, just OK. The characterization was authentic, but it had a paper-thin plot.

Last edited by astrodad; 04-14-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Added update
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote