View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #37
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
That's just a hugely general view and is no longer true anyway. The Kobo Aura HD has the best light & screen of the Kobo readers. The Glo is a little blue & bright in comparison but it is certainly good in terms of how even it is. The light on the new Aura is a bit better but possibly negated by other issues with the screen.

For a while the Aura HD was definitely the best lighted reader available. However, the light & screen of the Paperwhite 2 is probably as good now. Plus the PW2 also has an improved e-ink screen. The contrast is a little better, although the Kobo's do have better font options for you to play with to try and improve the look of the contrast between the text & background.
I personally hate amazon, because they have really bad support for Canadian costumers (i.e., me). The kobo aura hd has better screen resolution and can read epub, which means a lot to me.

You're right; I watched this video and I guess the paperwhite is back on top. oh well, i still love kobo.
:il
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote