View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
But like Ender, apprehension didn't stop you from giving the movie a chance to be good, right? I get that. Disappointment seems natural to me ... depending on the reasons. But surely (precisely because it is a different medium), people give these adaptations the leeway to be different AND still good, no? Or does acceptance (or enjoyment) depend entirely on how little they stray from the original material? Bad is bad; I get that. But does "different" have to be bad?
No, different doesn't necessarily imply bad. This is very closely related to what we're discussing in this thread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote