View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 05:28 AM   #994
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
I wonder if annotations (dictionaries, etc) have anything to do with dead screen taps (as suggested by someone else. I can't remember who) In other words the device can't determine whether you are doing a short tap or a long touch.

I don't use annotations and rarely use the dictionary, so I would like an option to turn off long touch detection. In this case, the Kobo would only see taps and swipes. Maybe this would make page turning more efficient.
I love the Annotations function - it means I can mark up the file for editing whilst actually reading the book (many old sci-fi books/stories were printed on such poor paper that all sorts of errors creep in at the point of scanning). However, I don't see why there can't be a switch for this sort of thing.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote