View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I like the titles appearing, or items if you are using first letters. It helps me know that I am looking at what I think I am looking at. We could introduce another option not to paint the titles/items, but I would rather not because options increase complexity both for the user and for the code, sometimes non linearly.
I agree another option isn't needed. I didn't realize you kept essentially the same code when you create either the flingable list or the alphabet list. To me a list of author or series should be just that. That said, the inclusion of titles isn't going to stop me from using that option. Thanks for adding this option.

Quote:
What we have works reasonably well for scanning through the list, but it isn't quite adequate when someone rapidly flings a couple of times.
It does indeed work reasonably well.

Quote:
Rather than not paint, the right way to fix it is to deal with the wait. There are some implementations that will improve performance of painting such as not attempting to populate the titles/items during a fling (while it is moving), instead waiting for the list to settle and then populating only the visible items, all the while not blocking taps.

At any rate, it will be fixed one way or another in the next update.
Looking forward to your solution. I guess the OPDS feature is your next big goal. One question if we add a book via a OPDS feed other then calibre do you plan on that book being added to our calibre library the next time we connect?

Keep up the excellent work.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-08-2012 at 02:47 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote