View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
That tends to get confusing. My understanding is that if you have a 3g Kindle, you should use the @free.kindle.com address in order to get the free transfer. If you have wifi only, @kindle.com is all you need and is free.

From:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200505520

"In general, send personal documents to your "name"@free.kindle.com address to wirelessly transfer personal documents to your Kindle over Wi-Fi as well as to the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com account at no charge.

If you are not able to connect your Kindle via Wi-Fi, send your documents to your "name"@kindle.com address. The files will be sent to your Kindle over Wi-Fi if available. If Wi-Fi is not available, the files will be sent via 3G for a small fee."

I'm not sure what qualifies as a personal document. If I buy a book at a store other than Amazon and send it to my Kindle, is that considered a personal document?

If so, I've done that a number of times without charge on my wifi K3 using the @kindle.com email address.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote