View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 12:37 AM   #38
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's too bad. But if they can't compete at Apple's level, then they need to quit now; because they won't be successful.

Maybe it's time for Google to jump back in and contract with HTC to make tablets (4", 7", 10") for them. Then Google can open up stores to sell them in.
I guess this all comes down to mindset.
Apple originally has been a manufacturer - and that's still an integral part of their business. They want to sell (and build) iPads and iPhones. And iTunes is a nice vehicle to do so.
Google originally has been a software company. I don't think, there's real enthusiasm (yet) in selling hardware (with way lower margins)...
In my opinion, there's a single advantage for Google: Their Android OS can run on various OEMs. If one doesn't like manufacturer A, he still can opt for B or C.
With Apple...you either love or hate them...
If Google plays that card right and finds the right 2 or 3 partners, they'll be extremely tough competition for Apple.
I don't see a single manufacturer being able to compete with Apple for now. Nokia for example is losing ground, they've simply rested too long on their former successes. My personal guess: Without strategic partnerships, Nokia will be history in 5 years. This won't happen to Google of course...

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-22-2010 at 12:49 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote