View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #9
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natch
So, what does this do to the e-ink race?
Not enough!

See, it gives up on the biggest advantage of the REB100 and 1150 -- their superior physical design. I DON'T WANT another box with buttons in inconvenient places. The REB1100 sits in your hand really really well. The LARGE, WELL PLACED buttons fall naturally under your thumb, almost no matter how you hold it.

This prototype loses all that goodness, in exchange for looking like a near-clone of the other eInk boxes on the market. Why would I replace my PRS500 with this box? I'm not seeing a reason at the moment...
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote