View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 07:02 AM   #9
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hope you don't mind a bit a friendly criticism: the story itself is well-written, but personally I'd be instantly put off it by the description of it on Feedbooks:

"loose" should be "lose"; there should be a question mark after "faculties" - it's a question; "worth while" should be "worthwhile"; you really shouldn't start a sentence with the word "And" - it is a conjunction.

As the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression, and, had I not looked at the story and discovered that it was indeed well-written, my initial impression would be "do I want to read an author who can't write a grammatically correct description of his own story?"
Thank you Harry, the comments are much appreciated. That will teach me to rush and not proof the small bits.

And the starting with a conjunction is an interesting debate. I was taught not to at school (quite a while back) but see a wider accetance of it now, although I probably cannot justify my use of it.

Last edited by Peverel; 07-03-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote