View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 02:30 AM   #14
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
are you sure about "unprotected",

in my own experience , mostly I download a spec sheet, user manual, form to fill in, it is "secured", I use PDF exchange & get a visual confirmation of ( SECURED) on the title line.
As a quick test I just opened two specs/guides that I have to hand from Yamaha & Sony - both are secured.

don't confuse secured ( can't edit) with password protected ( password needed to open ) - they are different features

Some at least of the "it doesn't work" reports will trace back to calibre giving up, without an error message, if asked to edit a secured document
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote