View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #40
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I just finished updating my Calibre version to 0.9.1 and my Kobo Touch to 2.0 (2.1 not yet offered unfortunately), and I have a question about preserving reading position in books.

Before the 0.9.1 update I was on 0.8.64, and Calibre would always report a Database Error when connecting to the KT, and it would not list the KT contents. But after a restart it would in fact list the books on the KT and allow books to be transferred to main memory. After the update to 0.9.1, the Database Error no longer appeared (new driver I guess), and I was able to identify all the books on the KT which were not already in my Calibre library and transfer them before doing a Factory Reset and update on the KT.
If the "database error" was the message about the new versions of the Kobo firmware, then the new driver fixed it. If there was an actual error reading the database, that isn't likely to have been fixed unless you did a factory reset of the device.
Quote:
I thought Calibre would preserve my current position in the epub book I was reading on the KT after this backup and update, but it doesn't. I can't remember if I've ever tried that before, so maybe I'm wrong. Is it supposed to?
The reading position on the device is maintained on the device. The driver makes no attempt to change or back this up. I can think of only one way to lose the reading with the new driver. This would be if you use calibre to delete the book from the device and then send it back to the device. This is the same as using the device to delete the book and then connecting to the PC and putting it back onto the device. If you have another circumstance where it happens, please tell me and I will look at what is going wrong.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote