View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The interesting thing (to me) is that Chapters just completed a redesign and it looks way more like Kobo than it did 10 days ago. Kobo started as a Chapters-Indigo project (shortread? shortbooks, shortbread?), so they undoubtedly had the same development team back then.

Warning Wild Speculation One possibility would be for Kobo and Chapters Indigo to share the same bookreview feature and the same shopping cart scheme--not that you would necessarily be able to have Chapters and Kobo books in the same cart at the same time, but rather that the content management systems for both were, urmmm, more cooperative. Chapters owns 58% of Kobo. There are undoubtedly many factors relating to how they relate to each other that we are clueless about. That being said, from what I can tell Chapters-Kobo has occasionally developed a feature that then was adapted for the eBook and tree book vendors (for example Borders) with whom they partner.

Somewhat less speculative: I just spent some time on the redesigned Chapters store. When I clicked on a book cover, in the ebook section, it said that using Chapters Indigo gift cards for ebooks was "coming soon." There are review links in the ebook listings, but they do not appear to be working. I assume the presence of the link means that that people who want to use Chapters-Indigo as the front end of their Kobo book buying will at some point be able to easily read and post to the reviews on the CI site.

Last edited by taming; 10-10-2010 at 05:40 AM. Reason: another visit to CI newly designed site
taming is offline   Reply With Quote