View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
You should also be aware that the submission process is extremely slow. Those few publishers who accept unsolicited manuscripts are likely to take several years to produce a response -- and that's fast as the industry goes! Plan on writing your second (or even second and third) novel while submitting the first.
Xenophon
Thanks for the tip. In fact, I've already started the next one.

As for the Baen forum, I am a little hesitant to putting out a manuscript I intend to publish. I don't mind getting critique, but I'd rather do it in a more controlled environment like a writer's group or something local. I don't want an un-edited version of a manuscript floating out on the internet.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote