View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Finally have KF8 tools, did a Hebrew test, and it works in Kindle Previewer (set to 'Kindle Fire')! Justification and word order with left to right text all works properly. I expect Arabic is okay also will try that soon (as well as trying my Hebrew test on an actual Fire). So when K4 and KT (and whatever other Kindles Amazon can update to support KF8) are updated, they should work as well. I don't think mobi ever supported right to left scripts so indeed, KF8 is a good place to start doing so.

Dictionary format is unchanged (still 'mobi 7'). That's okay, as long as they fix problems (e.g. Cyrillic was not working and still does not work on my KT AFAICT).

Vertical text layout, Ruby is explicitly not supported (for CJK scripts).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote