View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #54
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
While their prices do seem a bit too high, I don't think it is at all realistic to think they have to undercut the kindle in order to sell
I do. I paid $190 (got a Bing rebate while that was going on) for my PRS-300 soon after it was released and thought it was a great deal. But the market has changed-- it will be a cold day in hell when I pay $179 for the 350. The big appeal of the 300 at the time was that it was the single cheapest eInk reader on the market. Now their 5-inch reader is priced a large percentage higher than competing 6-inch readers? If that is the way Sony is going to play the game, they might as well close their ebook division now, because they are dead.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote