View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Exclamation Screen cleaner ruined my eReader [tags: clean, cleaning]

A warning to folks. I've seen posts in this and other forums from people who say they use their computer screen cleaner on their eReader as well.

I used the same cleaner that I use on my LCD monitor, and it turned my Kindle screen toward a sepia color. Very nasty. If you use a cleaner on your eReader with no ill effect, that's great. But to anyone who hasn't yet decided what to do, I suggest you use a clean, dry microfiber or terry cloth. Add a little dampness to your cloth only if you need it.

I have a Kindle 3, but my guess is that (some) other eReaders are contructed similary. The cleaner I used is marketed specifically for CRT and LCD monitors. I hope this post saves someone's device.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote