View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldavis2 View Post
Call me a luddite, but I'm not into this "cloud" stuff. It gives someone else far too much control over my reading, and my data, not to mention that servers do fail -- read the headlines from yesterday where the entire Amazon network was offline in Europe. It also clutters up bandwidth which is becoming more and more apparent as my internet connection download speeds continue to fall on my DSL from my ISP as people use it for streaming movies and all manner of bandwidth intensive use. I've complained to no avail and my download speeds are about half what they were when I signed on a couple of years ago...too slow for net streaming HD for sure.

I'll take my chances with my own backup systems "in house" and avoid relying on some unseen corporation in the "cloud" for my data, information and security.
I think you missed the point.

Your Amazon books are there already. This is another way to read those.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote