View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #13
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I often use moisturisers or cuticle oils, etc, but have a touch-screen reader (Kobo Glo, previously Kobo Touch). It's infrared, not capacitative, so all you have to do is break the IR beam with a very light touch. When my fingers are really oily, I just page-turn with a tap from my knuckle. Works fine, and the screen has a "rough" papery texture so it doesn't show the smears.

Otherwise, I guess you're looking at a Nook or a T1/T2, out of the major vendors. The bottom-located buttons on those are, as noted above, inconvenient to use, and there have been reports that the T2 buttons are also sharp/uncomfortable to press. Of the bebuttoned readers I've tried, the Kindle buttons are the nicest to use, but yes that would involve conversion. Bulk conversion with Calibre is a piece of cake, though.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote