View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What about if a chapter break happens on a nested tag?
Duplicating the nesting structure in both files seems sensible to me, maybe with some logic to eliminate empty elements from the document preceding split boundary. I could see this causing the post-split document to begin with an incorrect amount of whitespace if the CSS is just wrong, but can't think of anything else that could go wrong off the top of my head.

Quote:
As fo adobe, I think it should be possible to write a decent epub viewer that functions on HTML files large than 300K in a device setting. It probably wont support all features, but still I suspect it would be just as usable for 99% of use cases.
Having some easy way of not needing to keep the element tree for an entire book in memory at once seems like a reasonable enough requirement to me, especially on low-memory embedded devices. OTOH, Mobipocket manages with just one "file," and I'm fairly sure markup can cross record boundaries. Hmm.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote