View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #14
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Weird, as I specifically make sure all my titles are correct as the author intended, in the sortfield to, it would be just weird to not have the "the's and "A's" it wouldn't sound right in my head... lol.
Is this something you do with music albums too?, not being rude just intrested
It's cool asking, and it's an example of how people think differently. It just makes sense to me not to sort by "the", at the very least. I think if you go to a library you will find Jeffery Deaver's "The Coffin Dancer" under "Coffin Dancer, The" or Arthur C. Clarke's "The Ghost from the Grand Banks" under "Ghost from the Grand Banks, The". A book store would be the same. If you're looking in the mystery section, do you really want to find all the "the's" bunched together?

However, I would expect to find Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" filed just that way.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote