View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #84
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDP View Post
Ah, yes, and there is the problem...
Even accepting all the problems you just ran off, biometrics are still more secure than signatures. And there's no reason the security can't be improved (it's just one more area where digital security systems, left as an afterthought for so long, must be updated and hardened to deal with today's real threats).

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorfs View Post
I work with many people in the course of my employment that are either unable to use technology or don't have access to technology due to economic hardship. For these people, paper is cheap and flexible. Until biometrics and other technology becomes so ubiquitous that even those living hand to mouth can afford it, I think paper will persist.
Well, there's no reason it won't become ubiquitous in time. Today, in towns in third-world countries, some of the poorest places on the planet, everyone owns a cellphone, or at least owns one for a group or community. Information is being passed faster from place to place because of it. The ubiquitousness of technology is happening.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote