View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #41
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Peak! Welcome back!
Thank you!!

Quote:
You don't mean you've changed jobs AGAIN after the earlier recent job change to the teaching thing
Yes - plans didn't work out as everyone had hoped down in Coventry, so I'm self-employed for a while, and looking for someone that would like to supervise a PhD.

Quote:
And how's the new town? I remember saying it doesn't matter if it's boring because you'll be out of there in a year again anyway
Well, it's okay, but nothing special. It's like the city I grew up near - the industry has gone, but 10-15 years later than where I came from, and it is still regenerating and deciding what it wants to be. Frighteningly high unemployment, though, and it shows in some areas. We've got a year's lease on the house, but since I have absolutely no intentions of moving in December again, it will be longer than that (landlord willing, of course - oh, and depending on if any exciting jobs come along!)

Quote:
Glad you're happy with your Touch. I couldn't go back to mine since I've used a Glo. The light is just delicious and it's much snappier and the resolution is wonderful. But eehh... the Touch is nice too...??
As I said to David above, I've had a lot of gadgets in the last six months - new Galaxy Note, new Galaxy Camera - so I'm not likely to get another one soon, at least until we decide on suitable cars for the area - we've had enough snow to make it a bit tricky a couple of times, but nothing as bad as southern England and northern Europe (has it been bad in the Netherlands?)

Quote:
What do they think will happen if you leave your eink reader on during take off?? The ink will jump out of the screen and strangle someone? The battery will radiate interference? Pfff come on. Stupid stewards/esses.
Having done some work in this area, it sort of makes sense if you take into account the lowest common denominator passenger, who may well have wifi etc switched on and not know anything about it. However, on every flight I've been on for years, there is at least on person who completely ignores the request anyway - just like the folks who are on the phone before they are off the plane, despite having been asked to wait until in the terminal. As to whether any of it it makes any difference - who knows, but with fly-by-wire planes, I'd rather the amount of potential interference with key systems is kept to a minimum!

Quote:
You could upgrade to 2.4.0 to be rid of nonsense covers. As far as I remember the only real fat bugs in 2.4.0 are the Sudoku selection numbers being blacked out and Chess getting angry when you win.
Aha! I didn't know 2.4.0 was out - applying the principle that it was working for its primary function, and I didn't want to have to mess with new firmware that has a new set of bugs - or are they "features"? I'll trundle off and plug the KT into a usb socket and let the desktop do its stuff.

Are there any other interesting threads at the moment?
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote