View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #45
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68 View Post
I often use the content server connection to load new books from Calibre. I often add books in batches of a dozen or more. As it works now I have to select each book one by one and download it to my tablet. Is there any future plans to add the ability to select a 'batch' of books and have them all downloaded at once?

Thanks for a wonderful app that continues to improve with every update.
Bulk downloading is on the list, but it isn't at the top. Before that is cleaning up preferences, separation of the content server IP address from the wireless device IP address (CS will be able to use URLs and 3G), and style control.

PeterT's suggestion is a very good one. Personally I think it is better than bulk download. When you add the books to calibre or decide you want books on your device, add them to a reading list. Set that reading list to auto-sync. The next time you connect your device to calibre (as a wireless device), reading list will automatically send the books. You don't even need to touch your computer's keyboard; simply connect, the transfer happens automatically, then disconnect. Because it supports separate lists per device, it even works in a multi-device household.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote