View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
OK -- I went out to Hobby Lobby this afternoon & picked up a couple of easels. My objective was to get one that folded up so it would be easy to carry in my backpack or suitcase.

I found this metal one:

and the Kindle works very well in it:

Slide the upright piece back or forward to change the angle of the Kindle for best viewing.

Then, I picked up this pair of plastic easels:

The Kindle works very well in the 8-inch easel with its cover on, but I took the cover off for the 5-inch easel. Even at that, the 5-inch just felt too unsteady, so I'm going to find another use for it -- perhaps displaying a photo or small piece of artwork.

Prices:

Metal easel: $3.99
Small plastic: $1.99
Large plastic: $2.99

There were many more to choose from, including folding easels just like the plastic ones, but made from wood with brass hinges.

If you want to see some really ornate plate easels, just search online. I found some absolutely gorgeous ones.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote