View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #168
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
It is too bad that the lid of the Chromebook Pixel does not open a full 360 degrees, or swivel and close like the OLPC. Then, it could be used as either a notebook or a tablet. Its 4 megapixel, 33 cm display would be great for viewing portrait layout (A4/letter) PDFs.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the 360 degrees units.
I've checked out the Lenovo Yoga, but didn't like feeling the keyboard in your palm while holding it in tablet mode.
I'm not too fond of that with Surface Pro and the type keyboard either. But here I easily can detach the cover.
A convertible might work.
But quite frankly: I don't really see much use for a keyboard on Chrome. In a few years it might compete with Mac or Windows PCs to full extent. But for now, it's rather limited regarding office apps and the likes. You can install Linux, but why buy Chrome then anyway?
For now, I see Chrome as an advanced browser. And for this a tablet, maybe optionally a bluetooth keyboard, would work just fine.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote