Thread: PRS-600 Charging issues
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
joseph2000
joseph2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I did have huge problems with battery in PRS-600 as well, even if I used wall charger. The beginning was similar to what you described. After a few weeks of utilizing the reader I was really frustrated with the fact that after a few hours of charging it was enough to read for a few hours only.
I started looking for some tricks: I tried reseting, running in test mode, charging via different USBs etc. and nothing helped. Once I found simple trick described on this forum: make a backup of your books located on PRS-600, shut it down then, just unscrew the tool's back case and physically disconnect the battery for 5 minutes or so. Connect the battery and screw the back case. After this fully charge the reader using wall charger.
After performing this trick I resolved all my battery problems: indicator works as expected (full charge shows 4 bars as it should) and battery works fine for 2 weeks after full charge.
So if you have the battery problems after trying other tricks, try this one. Worked for me.
joseph2000 is offline   Reply With Quote