Thread: DR1000 Patch for DR1000 firmware
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #11
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
@Iņigo,
[...]
I am currently experimenting with a way to get the 'views' in the Home screen configurable, so that it would be easy to add new views (or hide existing onces from the Home screen). I currently have an Application-View icon and an Installation Files-icon on the emulator, so creating new views is not that difficult. I am now thinking on how to make it user configurable.
[...]

I couldn't resist and took a look at ctb sources before holidays too.
I agree, it doesn't look very difficult, even for a guy like me who doesn't code in C since 10 years ago .

I think the App view could be similar to the way Shortcuts works (filetype==desktop) but filtering by directory_path.

Regarding the configuration,
you could create a new entry in "/usr/share/ctb/settings/" (f.e. "views.desktop") which run a simple program showing a listview with checkboxes for each type of view. Settings could go to /etc/viewrc or to gconf keys and CTB would read them.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote