View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #739
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbusan View Post
I am seeing very similar issues, but have no idea how to fix them.

Do you used the kobo patcher for adjusting some settings like the footers etc? That was one of my first ideas, but I am not sure.

Anyone else having these issues and comments?

Norbert
I get the problem whether the patcher has been used or not. I went through one book with Sigil and fixed all the problems it found; I plan on replacing the current version on my reader with the new fixed one to see if it helps anything. I noticed the problem much, much more when I moved to 2.8.1. It happens with almost every single .kepub I put on, if not all of them. My three thoughts are:

1. The firmware is more sensitive to errors so if the book has poor construction it's causes problems.
2. Kobo has changed something in how it parses .kepubs and jgougen's plugin isn't making quite-compatable files (although you'd probably see the problem significantly more widespread than it seems to be if that were the case)
3. There's something borked in my database.

I might scan my database for errors tonight just to try and rule #3 out. I doubt #2 although in theory it could be possible. We'll see if a "fixed" book eliminates the problem.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote