View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #738
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Or infomation could be added to another table, such as an event of a book being downloaded from Kobo.

I will admit I've very mixed feelings about attempts to reverse engineer and re-activate the stats display for side-loaded kEpubs.
I guess it all depends to what complexity they wanted to remove stats.

It does seem odd that they're putting the effort in to make the distinction. I heard it was due to "inaccurate" stats but I know with all the ones I've read they seem to be bang on. And if they were inaccurate why just hide the display instead of just disabling them outright on non-Kobo kepubs?

It seems to be all sorts of effort into something that they have no obligation to support anyways.

That being said, I'm not going to put too much effort into it. The part I'll miss the most is the bar-graphs of chapter lengths because I actually found that really helpful when planning out reading times. The rest was just "neat."

I do recognize that it has to be tough for Kobo to be dealing with features across two separate rendering engines. I wonder if one day they'll just drop the Adobe engine and use the Access completely once it has full Adobe DRM support.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote