View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #395
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I vehemently disagree with the statement that audiobooks are an inferior method of transmitting text. When I went through a particularly nasty strain of the H1N1 flu couple of years back and couldn't read, I was able to listen to audiobooks. And what about the blind and people with impaired vision? Are you saying that their experience of a book is inferior because it was wchieved thriugh an audio recording (or Braille for that matter)?

If you had just said it was a different method, I would have agreed 100%.
It's inferior in the same way an acoustic modem is inferior compared to optic fibre transfer. It is SLOW like hell.
The 1st time I consumed "The Hobbit" I did it as audio book (paper wasn't available in the hospital library) so I can compare. It was exhausting to wait for the text being read.

I also beg to differ and NOT to mingle Braille into it.
It's a haptic perceivable transcription, and as such it is being read.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote