View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #101
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars77 View Post
hello!

my kindle is bricked too, stuck at the screen with the tree.
it gets unstuck/reboots when using mfg tool and the main profile and i can use my kindle then until i restart it or power it off, then it is stuck again.

i dont understand much about what is written in this thread, maybe someone with more experience than me is willing to waste his valueable time and help me out and contact me on icq (75955166) to give some dedicated help?

have a nice weekend!
First, what model kindle is it? How to fix it depends on the model.

Assuming it is a K4 or touch, it sounds like your bootmode var is probably set to fastboot mode. You need to set it to main. You can do this with fastboot:

fastboot setvar bootmode main

Or you can set it from diagnotics mode at an SSH command prompt or in a RUNME.sh script launched by my data.tar.gz that you can download in the "Select Boot" thread.

To use a RUNME.sh script, you also need an ENABLE_DIAGS file so it runs in diags mode. Put these commands in a RUNME.sh script, or execute them from an SSH shell in diags mode:

idme -d --bootmode main
rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS
reboot

The information provided above is duplicated multiple times in this forum, and once again here.

You need to provide enough information with your request so that people can help you without needing to guess or make potentially incorrect assumptions.

Again, what model is your kindle?

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-25-2012 at 10:39 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote