View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #57
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I love social reading. I use Goodreads not that I have many friends there but I have a couple who we reply to each others status posts on books we are currently reading. I sometimes share snippets from something I read that made me go What the......

I don't know if it's the way of the future but I do think it's a great way for fellow readers to come together on books or a genre they love and it makes the experience more richer for everybody.
IMHO, using Goodreads and forums and such to talk about books and reading is something completely different to having Facebook, Twitter, and in the future who knows directly integrated into the device, nagging you to post this or that when you start, fininsh, or buy a book.

That's not social reading. That's just free advertisements for the company/author in question.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote