View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
Guildenstern
Guildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toysGuildenstern shares his or her toys

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Thank you, GeorgeH, for making this wonderful sequence of novels available as an EBook.
I watched the recent BBC dramatisation and determined to read the original. The adaptation by Tom Stoppard was masterful but inevitably much was lost, particularly with regard to the many minor characters. Benedict Cumberbatch as Christopher Tietjens gave a performance of considerable depth but to my mind was miscast in the role. Cumberbatch is a handsome young man and although we were told in the publicity that they tried to fatten him up with doughnuts to play the pudgy Tietjens he still looked far too handsome. As Sylvia, Rebecca Hall was quite superb, capturing the contradictory character of the woman whom Graham Green described as “the most possessed evil character in the modern novel”.
This was the first book I read on my new Nook. In getting familiar with its features, I used the Notes facility to compile a list of little errors that seem to have crept through the proofreading process. If, GeorgeH, you would like to receive these, please let me know and I’ll e-mail them to you. (Not sure how. I certainly don’t want to put them on the forum but I’m sure there’s a way.)
Thanks again. This was a great introduction to MobileRead.
Guildenstern is offline   Reply With Quote