View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Jon,
It all depends on how you look at it. The more readers, both devices and actual people, who refuse to support DRM, the more likely that the publishers are forced to stop trying to force it on us.

In any case, what good is DRM if the book you bought two years ago uses a type of DRM that is no longer supported and you hadn't gotten around to reading it yet? I know I often buy books that I don't get around to reading for years.

--
Bill
But, most people don't know about DRM and DRM stripping. So if they cannot read the latest book from their favorite author then it's not going to do them any good. We know DRM is bad. And we can deal. But they cannot and to them, the Jetbook is just going to be an anchor.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote