View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #20
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
+1

I also think it plays into a phenomenon similar to marketing certain items for New Years Resolutions. I've known a lot of people, especially females, that spend all year claiming they don't have time to read, but "This summer I'm going to..." Sometimes it's because they have relaxing vacations planned, or the kids are being shipped off to the grandparents for a few weeks, etc.

Very good point. And of course, publishers don't really care if a book is read, just that it is purchased. So if they can hype something up as a "hot summer read" and squeeze a purchase or two out of a largely non-reading individual, that's smart strategy.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote