View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #35624
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Yes! Travel arranged for the end of March:the ancient Silk Road from the West to China; 24 days
(Amsterdam-Istanbul-) Tasjkent(Uzbekistan)-Samarkand(train)-Tasjkent-Fergana valley(car)-Kokand-Osh-Kyzyl art pass- (China)Kashgar(train)-Turpan-Dunhuang(train)-Jiayugua-Lanzou (train)-Xiahe (Labrang Buddhist Monastry)-Xi'an(Terra Cotta Army)-train to Bejing (Chinese Wall, Tian'anmen square, Forbidden City)- (Istanbul-Amsterdam).

As most of it will be on public transport (4x train and bus), it will be quite an adventure. Planning to take my 'point it' book with me, instead of the language guides. Perhaps I'll add some photo's (of food) to the book.

Now on with the work I have to finish before I can go.

What a wonderful trip! I'm green with envy! Maybe one of these days I can follow your route, benefiting from your travel tips! Exploring is so much fun! I've been to a couple of these places before, but reached them from different directions and traveling by different means. In that part of the world, even 'who' you are traveling with makes a huge difference, to say nothing about how you got there!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote