View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
[QUOTE=Apache;2155318][QUOTE=Poppa1956;2154362] I plugged it to the computer so it could charge & be ready for the calibre news files.
Quote:
You charge your Nook Color from your computer?
Barnes and Noble claims you can not charge the Nook Color from your computer.
Apache
They may claim that (I know they used to), but it isn't true. The reason they discourage it is that the computer only puts out the specified amount of power through a USB cable, where the wall charger puts out more, and therefore charges it faster. (If you compare the cable end that goes in to the device, you'll find it's longer than the standard ones, to make a connection to the charging circuit that handles the higher amount of power.)

I believe the device will also claim to not be charging in terms of the light on the cable end and the batter indicator. But it will charge, eventually.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote