View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #38
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
I have: 882 books on internal memory, 465 mb free, a blank (and formatted via device) 8gig card sitting loaded but empty, same firmware as everyone else, and haven't had a crash (but with some qualifications - see below).

Mine crashed and froze when I tried to load all my books via microsd card, and didn't wait for them to finish loading before I browsed my library. But that's expected from a device with limited memory - I bogged down resources and created the crash. All I can say is I don't think the T1 handles large collections via Microsd card very well - at least on my Nook touch (since returned..) I could load thousands of books via Microsd without a hickup, and it zoomed through the library screen. On the T1, I had to move all of them to internal memory, and then go through each of my 98 screens of books one by one, letting the covers fully load. Once I do that, it's smooth sailing.

Regarding reading habits, I usually use the buttons to turn pages, and generally read maybe an hour without taking a break. Then I usually browse through my library, close the book, or put the device to sleep. I only use sideloaded books which are placed manually by me. I don't use Calibre or Sony software, and the largest book I finished so far was about 800 pages, if that maters. I also don't use the browser, and have about 2 library loaned books on the device...but I really don't use the library lending feature too much (so far anyway).
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote