View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
So, only residents of Warwickshire can use the service?
When I clicked on the Join link, it took me to a Log in page. When I clicked on the Register link it took me to a Create an account page. On that page it says "If you live in Warwickshire, Choose your address". It doesn't say you have to be a resident of Warwickshire. In fact, the form even enables you to select a country. However, I haven't tried to join, so this is all guesswork on my part. If you're interested, perhaps you'd like to try joining and let us know!

Addendum
I decided to give it a try, just to see what would happen. So I applied to join and filled in various forms on-line, answered a bunch of silly questions, including ones about race and sexual orientation! At the end of the procedure, I received a message saying, "Your application has been submitted successfully and the details are listed below. You should receive your library card within seven working days". It will be interesting to see whether I actually receive a card, as I live in France. The card number and a separate PIN are required to borrow e-books. To be candid, downloading free e-books from MR, or Project Gutenberg, is a heck of a lot easier. At least all they ask is what my preferred format is!

Last edited by boxcorner; 02-13-2011 at 02:12 PM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote