View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
the source document is controlled by the standard so placing a title in the tag around the area needing the foot note and displaying this title should be standardized. What button to use, exactly how it will look, etc. will differ among the readers.
I get that. It's just that today's source documents are also supposed to be "controlled by the standard." And judging by the wide variety of implementations of ePub2's standards in practice ... I don't have a high level of confidence that future retailers/vendors and rendering engine developers are going to do any better consistently interpreting ePub3's "standard" than they did consistently interpreting ePub2's standard (not that the standard shouldn't shoulder a bit of the responsibility due to it's wishy-washy wording, but I see that same ample wiggle-room for interpretation in ePub3's wording as well).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote