View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #38
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I've noticed that where some epubs have specified a different style for part of the text (like an introductory paragraph), it may not be affected by the Kobo Touch format options that affect the normal text. I can understand why that happens, and I'm not sure that it would be an easy problem to solve in a way that's satisfactory for everyone. After all, the text is formatted differently for a reason by the original designer - if Kobo overrides that, an important style distinction may be lost. A "smart" format override that tries to preserve some differences while adjusting others is likely to go wrong in some cases and provoke complaints.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote