View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #7
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Wikipedia has a list of apocalyptic & post-apoc fiction. Also, the page about the genre includes some lists, with notes about common themes and so on.

Post-apocalypse is my favorite genre (Theme? Topic?) and I tend to include books in it that don't show up on the normal lists. Atlas Shrugged. (I have a special fondness for social apocalypse, where it's not a war or a plague but gradual breakdown of society until too many little processes have stopped working, and large systems start to collapse.) Starhawk's The Fifth Sacred Thing. Boyett's Ariel. Butler's Xenogenesis trilogy.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote