View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 08:03 PM   #8
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I have no idea if what you want to do with them will work or not, but physically locating the files of your purchased ebooks on your KFHD isn't all that hard.
If you're addressing my post, right, books are easy, it's Calibre-produced magazines and newspapers that can't be identified. The three directories with a lot of entries, which might be my Calibre news docs, are under
Android/data/files/:
- explore
- medium
- small

My use would be to occasionally delete a hundred or so of the older newspapers and magazines that have accumulated (mostly unread).

I originally thought that if I could find that set of files on the HD using Windows Explorer, I might then be able to puzzle out some logic that would match the unfriendly filenames to particular Docs/newspapers/magazines. But now I think this is a fruitless pursuit, because either the unfriendly filenames would need to unambiguously identify documents, or I would need to have some influence over the original file naming--both very unlikely.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote