View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
I love the DX, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
This had to happen, but I am a little disappointed - I want to buy one but the price is too high to fit in my finances, still.

I don't clearly understand why this didn't succeed even half as much as its smaller siblings. Maybe if they drop the keyboard to make it smaller, sales might get a boost.
Prash, last year I bought a DX over the Black Friday weekend. It went on sale for $270, and I got the $29.99 case with it as well, making the whole package around $300.

The DX has a large, beautiful E Ink Pearl display, the build quality is amazing (pre-price war components), and the firmware is sufficient, but there is a better option today.

The Onyx Boox M92 is made by the up-and-coming Onyx company, based in Russia. This unit can be purchased brand new from a U.S. vendor on eBay. The firmware advances, Wacom touch screen, and open sourced format make this a much better buy than the DX for $389.
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote