View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
OverHaze
Connoisseur
OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2
Question Sci-Fi Fan needs some recommendations

Hi

Since I finished reading Spin by Robert Charles Wilson I have been casting about unable to find a new sci-fi novel to sink my teeth into. I put a unfortunate amount of time into The Reality Disfunction before I realized I found the central conceit of the villains too stupid to take the book or its universe seriously. So now I need recommendations.

My favorite books are Anathem, A Fire Upon the Deep and A Deepness in the Sky, The Forever War and Hyperion.

Basically I love an intelligent Space Opera, the exploration of a strange yet believable world and the struggle of a soldier caught in the stupidity of war.

Any ideas?
OverHaze is offline   Reply With Quote